The Association of Student Nurses at Wright State University serves as a student organization at Wright State University with the goal to mentor, support, and empower nursing students within the College of Nursing and Health. The organization strives to uphold the standards and ethics of the nursing profession, encourage community involvement, facilitate networking, and aid in the advancement of the whole person and his/her professional role as a future registered nurse. ASN operates at the local, regional, state and national levels to ensure high quality professional development for the nursing student.
ASN is a constituent of the National Student Nurses Association (NSNA). Membership in both ASN and NSNA offer valuable resources for the nursing student such as scholarships, NCLEX help, and more. Members of ASN, and all nursing students, are encouraged to join NSNA. Visit nsna.org to learn more.
What we Do:
- Community Service Opportunities
- Professional Development
Location: 089B University Hall (in the student nursing lounge)
Phone: (937) 775-4537
- September 14th 5:00pm
- October 12th 5:00pm (Secretary/Treasurer elections)
- November 9th 5:00pm
- December 7th 5:00pm
*All meetings are held in the nursing student lounge unless otherwise specified*
*Members must attend at least three out of four meetings per semester to retain membership status*
Breakthrough to Nursing Mentoring Program
The Breakthrough to Nursing Mentor Program matches new nursing students with returning, upper class nursing students with one-on-one support and guidance while transitioning to your first semester of nursing school at WSU both personally and academically.
To become a mentor or mentee, please fill out the appropriate application on our website no later than September 21st.
Mentors should be prepared to attend a mandatory mentor training meeting on September 26th at 4:30 pm in the student lounge.
Air Force Marathon
Saturday, September 17th
Saturday, October 8th
Friday, October 14th - Saturday, October 15th
*If you plan to attend, be sure to let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org*
To register for an event, please visit our website and complete the applications under "Upcoming Events"
- President: Brittany Stenger - email@example.com
- Vice President: Melissa VanScoy – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Treasurer/Secretary: Katie Just – email@example.com
- Faculty Advisor: Kim Lawrence - firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are interested in applying to be the next ASN secretary/treasurer for spring 2017, please apply on our website by October 5th. Elections will be held at the member meeting October 12th.
How can I get involved?
If you'd like to join ASN, complete the application here.
- Students enrolled in state approved programs leading to licensure as a registered nurse.
- Active members shall have all the privileges of membership.
- Active members must attend a minimum of five events in a time period of two consecutive academic semesters and have paid annual $10.00 dues. (Any student who pays to be a member of National Student Nurses Association does not need to pay the additional ASN dues.)
- Active members must attend 75% of member meetings during the academic semester (3 out of 4 meetings per semester)
- Active members who miss more than 25% of the member meetings in one academic semester will be deemed an inactive member for the current semester if absence is deemed unexcused.
- Members are expected to adhere to Wright State University and College of Nursing and Health code of conduct.