Bachelor of Science in Nursing students have the opportunity to test out of or submit a portfolio to earn credit for certain classes.
- Students must be registered for the term in which the prior learning is assessed by exam or portfolio assessments.
- PLA credits received will not be considered as residency credits.
- Students may attempt the exam or portfolio assessment no more than two times for the same course.
- Students may attempt the exam or submit the portfolios within 60 days of the chair’s signature.
- Students must obtain department approval and submit the forms to the Bursar with payment.
BSN Classes with Possible Prior Learning Credits
RN-BSN students can test out of a maximum of nine credit hours.
- NUR 3100: Excelsior exam
- NUR 3300: Excelsior exam
- HLT 3400: NLN exam
- NUR 4810: Portfolio
- NUR 4830: Portfolio
- NUR 4850: Portfolio
- NUR 4860: Portfolio
- NUR 4870: Portfolio
Questions about Prior Learning Credits?
For more information, see the following pages related to university policies on transfer credit and prior learning assessment:
Prelicensure BSN: Contact the college at (937) 775-3131.
RN-BSN Completion Program: Contact Theresa Haghnazarian at or (937) 775-3131.
Alternate Prelicensure BSN Pathway Program: Contact the college at (937) 775-3131