The Center for Continuing Nursing and Health Education at Wright State University-Miami Valley College of Nursing and Health is an approved provider for continuing nursing education through the Ohio Nurses Association. As stated in the Ohio Nurses Association Provider Manual, “continuing nursing education consists of planned, organized learning experiences designed to improve the knowledge, skills, and attitudes of nurses. It enhances nursing practice, education, theory development, research, and administration. The outcome of continuing education is to improve the health of the public and nurses’ pursuit of their professional career goals.”
Wright State University-Miami Valley College of Nursing and Health is approved as a provider of nursing continuing professional development by the Ohio Nurses Association, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation (OBN-001-91)
On this page:
Choose from Instructor-Led Training or Blended Training.
The BLS course trains participants to promptly recognize several life-threatening emergencies, give high-quality chest compressions, deliver appropriate ventilations and provide early use of an AED. In the Instructor-led course, students participate in simulated clinical scenarios and learning stations. Students work with an AHA BLS Instructor to complete BLS skills practice and skills testing. Students also complete a written exam.
- Updated science and education from the new 2015 AHA Guidelines Update for CPR and ECC
- Instructor-led, hands-on class format reinforces skills proficiency
- Emphasis on high-quality CPR including a team dynamics classroom activity
- Video-based course with real-world scenarios
August 19: American Heart Association BLS Renewal Course: $40.00
1–4 p.m.; Classroom 158; Limit 8 participants
This course is designed for the participant that currently has an active BLS CPR card, but is coming up for a renewal.
Optional Textbook: You can purchase a textbook on various websites. The book is also available on reserve in the Wright State library.
Blended Training—AHA Blended Learning courses combine the flexibility of online training with in-person skills practice and testing.
- Register for the online course through American Heart Association: Find the course you need at https://elearning.heart.org
- Complete on-line AHA course, print your certificate of completion to bring to the skill check.
- Register to have your skills checked by an instructor:
- Register for the skill portion by clicking the register tab below.
- Once you have registered, you will be contacted to arrange an individual skill check in the College of Nursing; please be certain to bring your certificate of course completion of the online course with you to the skill check.
Note: You will have your skill check in University Hall on the Wright State campus. View maps for location and directions.