Get started now.
On this page:
Wright State’s RN-BSN Online Completion Program is designed for busy working nurses just like you.
- EARN your BSN at your own pace, online, anytime day or night
- LEARN with individual attention from faculty devoted to your success
- STAND OUT with a BSN that builds superior nursing knowledge and skills.
Offered by the region’s most recognized and trusted provider of nursing education, Wright State’s program:
- is taught by real faculty who actually know you and your nursing experience.
- offers a superior online delivery and technical support allowing you to spend time learning rather than on technology.
- is fully aligned with AACN BSN Essentials and informed by QSEN principles
- provides outstanding value and competitive tuition.
- can be completed in as little as 15 months.
- requires 30 program credit hours.
"Best RN Programs in Ohio," RegisteredNursing.org, 2017
The Wright State University—Miami Valley College of Nursing and Health ranked among the best RN programs in Ohio by RegisteredNursing.org—No. 17 among 84 colleges and universities and higher than Case Western, Kent State and the University of Akron. The rankings were based on the percentage of graduates who passed the National Council Licensure Examination, designed to determine if they are ready to practice as entry-level nurses.
Source: Wright State Newsroom
View the RN to Bachelor of Science in Nursing completion program information and degree requirements in the University Catalog.
The College of Nursing and Health invites all RNs interested in a challenging, flexible program of study to submit an application.
The application deadline for a spring semester start is November 1.
The application deadline for a fall semester start is July 1.
To be eligible to apply to the program, applicants must meet the following criteria:
Have an active RN license
Have a cumulative GPA of 2.0 upon entry
Provide evidence of no criminal history record on file from both a Federal Bureau of Investigation and an Ohio Bureau of Criminal Identification and Investigation (or applicable state) background check. Please be aware that background checks may take up to 30 days to process. It is in your benefit to complete the background check one month prior to the College of Nursing and Health application deadline. Background checks can be done in the Educational Resource Center at 116 Allyn Hall. The results must be sent to College of Nursing and Health, 160 UH, Wright State University, 3640 Col. Glenn Hwy, Dayton, OH 45435.
Completion of the following courses with an earned 'C' or better:
- English Composition I,
- English Composition II,
- Introductory Psychology
All students who are interested in completing the RN-BSN program should apply through the Wright State University Office of Undergraduate Admissions. Applicants should indicate their desired major (RN-BSN) on their application. The university requires a $30 application fee and submission of your official transcripts. FBI and Ohio background checks must be on file as part of the application process.
Premier Health Partners and Wright State University Tuition Assistance
Wright State University and Premier Health Partners have joined together in an effort to further the education of the nursing workforce. The program is for benefit-eligible Premier Health nursing employees who have successfully completed their introductory employment period. The scholarship is an additional benefit for Premier Health staff who are approved for the organization's enhanced tuition assistance program.
Wright State University will be providing Premier Health nurses additional scholarship assistance to pay for classes in the RN-BSN Completion Program.
The objective of the scholarship program is to help to defray out-of-pocket expenses for Premier Health employees who are either pursuing a nursing degree from Wright State or who are taking approved prerequisite courses for the university’s RN-BSN Completion program. The scholarship applies to tuition expenses only and is applicable after an employee utilizes the Premier Health enhanced tuition assistance program for the calendar year.
To find out of you are eligible for the Premier Health enhanced tuition assistance, please contact the Human Resources Department at your respective hospital.
If you are eligible for the Premier Health enhanced tuition assistance, contact one of our advisors to learn more about our program!
Student Health Services provides many of the services required for field work convienently on campus at 051 Student Union. Typical hours for services are Monday - Friday from 8:30-11:30am and 1:00-4:30pm. Student health insurance as well as many third party insurance providers are accepted. Call Student Health Services at (937) 775-2552 for further information.
The BSN graduate will:
- Meet the requirements for graduation which encompasses the arts, the sciences, and nursing for the basis of professional nursing practice. (Essential I)
- Use basic organizational and systems leadership skills for client safety and quality client care. (Essential II)
- Integrates current relevant evidence in professional nursing practice. (Essential III)
- Implement health care information technology in the management of client care. (Essential IV)
- Analyze legislative and regulatory processes relevant to the provision of health care. (Essential V)
- Use effective interpersonal and interprofessional communication and collaboration to improve client health outcomes. (Essential VI)
- Implement health promotion and disease prevention interventions at the individual and community levels to improve population health. (Essential VII)
- Exhibit professionalism and the inherent values of altruism, autonomy, human dignity, integrity, and social justice. (Essential VIII)
- Practice at a baccalaureate nurse generalist level with clients across the lifespan and in a variety of settings; considering the variation, complexity, and resources necessary for the provision of care. (Essential IX)
The College of Nursing and Health has an academic advisor dedicated specifically to helping its students earn their BSN. She will assist you in applying to the program, enrolling in classes, and progressing towards graduation. Please feel free to contact Theresa Haghnazarian at any time by calling (937) 775-3131.
All fields required.