On this page:
The Association of Student Nurses (ASN) at Wright State University serves as a student organization with the goal to mentor, support, and empower nursing students within the College of Nursing and Health. The organization strives to uphold the standards and ethics of the nursing profession, encourage community involvement, facilitate networking, and aid in the advancement of the whole person and his/her professional role as a future registered nurse. ASN operates at the local, regional, state and national levels to ensure high-quality professional development for the nursing student.
ASN is a constituent of the National Student Nurses Association (NSNA). Membership in both ASN and NSNA offer valuable resources for the nursing student such as scholarships, NCLEX help, and more. Members of ASN and all nursing students are encouraged to join NSNA. Visit nsna.org to learn more.
What We Do
- Community Service Opportunities
- Professional Development
- Monthly meetings*
Location: 089B University Hall (in the student nursing lounge)
Phone: (937) 775-4537
*All meetings are held in the nursing student lounge unless otherwise specified.
*Members must attend at least three out of four meetings per semester to retain membership status.
The Breakthrough to Nursing Mentor Program matches new nursing students with returning, upper-class nursing students with one-on-one support and guidance while transitioning to your first semester of nursing school at Wright State both personally and academically.
To become a mentor or mentee, please fill out the appropriate application on our website no later than September 21.
Mentors should be prepared to attend a mandatory mentor training meeting on September 26 at 4:30 pm in the student lounge.
- President: Pam Norvell - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Vice President: Alison Langenkamp – email@example.com
- Treasurer/Secretary: Lauren Mellon –firstname.lastname@example.org
- Faculty Advisor: Kim Lawrence - email@example.com
If you are interested in applying to be the next ASN secretary/treasurer for spring 2017, please apply on our website by October 5th. Elections will be held at the member meeting October 12.
If you'd like to join ASN, complete the application.
- Students enrolled in state-approved programs leading to licensure as a registered nurse.
- Active members shall have all the privileges of membership.
- Active members must attend a minimum of five events in a time period of two consecutive academic semesters and have paid annual $10.00 dues. (Any student who pays to be a member of National Student Nurses Association does not need to pay the additional ASN dues.)
- Active members must attend 75% of member meetings during the academic semester (3 out of 4 meetings per semester)
- Active members who miss more than 25% of the member meetings in one academic semester will be deemed an inactive member for the current semester if the absence is deemed unexcused.
- Members are expected to adhere to Wright State University and College of Nursing and Health code of conduct.